Thursday, July 1, 2010

Catalog with sentimental things for mom (me too)

Mom often longs for familiar things from her childhood and trying to find them is really difficult if not impossible.  I did find one catalog, Vermont Country Store, that has a lot of things that she enjoys.  I found licorice, ribbon candy, soap and other things that bring back warm memories of her youth.   I've even found some things that I find useful and enjoy - a hand cranked food mill, replacement lids for pans, glasses.... all kinds of stuff.  I find that I like to get a catalog first then browse through the web site.   I also take the catalog to Mom in case there's anything she might want to order.

Where can i find old products that mom likes?  where can i find ribbon candy? clove ribbon candy, cinnamon ribbon candy, old-fashioned old fashioned products for mom dad grandma grandpa

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your advice on who to contact about antiques in my mothers apt. We live in New York City, so I can easily contact the big auction places.

    I had the identical problem re. "lost" clothing in the nursing home. They know their laundry system is "not perfect." They did not discuss reimbursement - but I will; how many times can you keep buying clothes?

    My brother & I did hire an elder care attorney; very expensive - but will be worth it in the end to preserve some of her assets.

    This is probably the most difficult & complicated thing I have gone through .There are so many things going on at once - I know the best way to look at it is one day at a time - but sometimes even that is too much..Thank goodness for two dependent cats!

    ReplyDelete