Sunday, June 27, 2010

The catalog every caregiver needs....

Need things that make your elders life easier?  There is a one-stop shopping location: Gold Violin.  They have all kinds of things  - from clothing to safety items to transport chairs with wheels - that make your elders life easier and safer.   I originally began looking for small items that would help mom continue to do things she always did - like can openers or door handles. As she aged we needed more specialized items like hand holds for tubs or chairs for a bathtub.   You'll find this and more  in this catalog.   I can't recommend it enough.  If nothing else you'll see what's out there and you can take it to your local pharmacy to see what they can help you find.

Note:  The link below is repaired after a kind reader let me know I used the wrong URL.  ;)

On line, you'll find them at this Gold Violin site or  www.goldviolin.com
There's also a toll free number if you wish to order a catalog:  877-648-8400
Where can i find products for my elderly arthritic mom?  where can i find products for arthritis? where can i find products for aging in place? where can i find bathtub aides? where can i find bathtub safety products? where can i find bathroom safety products 

2 comments:

  1. Lynn, have just started reading your blog and plan to catch up with all your valuable posts, as my parents are 88 and 90, and my mom's health is failing.
    Just wanted to say I think your link should be to goldviolin.com. The link you posted doesn't work. Thank you for helping the rest of us on our journeys as caregivers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kathy! I wrote down the wrong web address so I corrected it and added a link to their site. I hope that you'll find some useful information here. Please DO share any ideas, suggestions or experiences you have with your own parents. Dealing with all the finances, health issues and just trying to help them continue to enjoy something - anything - is a lot of work. Answers and ideas are hard to find, that's why I blog - to make it a little easier on all of us!

    ReplyDelete